James counsels and represents clients in disputes on a variety of issues including real estate, both municipal and private construction, automotive, and the First Amendment. As an attorney in Taft’s Commercial Litigation practice group, his diverse litigation practice includes every aspect of dispute resolution including: contract review, negotiations, pleadings, discovery, substantive motions, trials, and appeals.
Honoree, Best Lawyers® “Ones to Watch,” Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Real Estate (2024)
Honoree, Michigan Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2020 – 2022)
All Service Areas
- Wayne State University Law School
Bronze Key for academic excellence
- Franciscan University
B.A. – Legal Studies
- State - Michigan
- Federal - Eastern District of Michigan
- Obtained summary disposition for a major news outlet against a lawsuit alleging defamation among other things.
- Successfully represented a tier-two auto supplier through arbitration against a leading international tier-one auto supplier alleging breach of contract claims totaling approximately half a million dollars.
- Represented countless property owners in obtaining judgements of possession and handling other real property transfer issues.
- State Bar of Michigan
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Washtenaw County Bar Association
- Detroit Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Forum on Communications Law