Mr. Sommer was in private practice for more than 40 years. His practice evolved from a general practice, including litigation, to a concentration in business and securities law. Over the years, he represented publicly and privately held companies in connection with mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, and other transactions both domestic and foreign. Mr. Sommer also worked with small businesses and development stage companies and has represented issuers in initial and other public offerings as well as private placements.
Mr. Sommer received his B.A. from Yale University and his J.D. from Harvard Law School.
Honoree, Best Lawyers in America
- Harvard Law School (1959)
- Yale University, B.A. (1954)
- State - Indiana (retired status)
- Indianapolis Bar Association Member
- Seventh Circuit Bar Association Member