Bill focuses his practice on estate planning, probate administration and trust administration. He provides counsel to individuals, families, small businesses, and tax-exempt organizations. He is certified as an Accredited Estate Planner® (AEP®) designee by the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils (NAEPC). Bill is also recognized as an Ohio Super Lawyer Rising Star for 2014 – 2017 for estate planning and probate.
Bill’s practice also includes representing individuals and businesses in commercial property tax matters. He has represented clients in both state and federal courts, as well as before county administrative boards in Ohio.
Prior to entering law school, Bill built a successful career as a financial professional for which he held a Series 7 securities license and Ohio and Illinois state insurance licenses. For over ten years, Bill helped individuals and families protect their assets and property.
Bill graduated from The Ohio State University with a bachelor’s degree in business administration, majoring in finance. Bill received his law degree from the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, graduating magna cum laude. While in law school, he was an Executive Editor of the Cleveland State Law Review. Bill is a past recipient of the Legal Aid Society of Cleveland’s Samuel H. and Maria S. Miller Pro Bono Fellowship Award for creating and implementing an outreach program to provide seniors in the Greater Cleveland community with Living Wills and Powers of Attorney for Health Care and Finance.
Prior to joining Taft, Bill was a Judicial Law Clerk for Senior District Judge David D. Dowd, Jr. and District Judge Benita Y. Pearson, United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio. In that capacity, he managed an active and diverse docket of civil cases. In addition, Bill served as a Judicial Extern to the Honorable Lesley B. Wells, a Senior District Judge in the Northern District of Ohio.
All Service Areas
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law (2007)
- The Ohio State University
- Federal - Northern District of Ohio
- State - Ohio
Speeches and Publications
- "Estate Planning Issues for New Parents," Gross Schechter Day School Shalom Baby Event, Cleveland, Ohio on March 15, 2016; Nov. 16, 2016 and May 3, 2017.
- “Prenuptial Agreements, Treatment of Pre-Marital Assets, and Trust Interests in Divorce,” Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association’s 43rd Annual Estate Planning Institute, Oct. 28, 2016.
- “Revocable Trust Planning (Joint Trusts vs. A/B Trusts),” Sequoia Financial Group, Akron, Ohio, June 16, 2016.
- “Estate Planning and Trusts,” MacDonald Hospital for Women, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio, May 11, 2015.
- “Estate Planning, Trusts, & Planning for Special Issues,” VectorVest® Retirement Essentials Seminar, Chicago, Illinois, June 20, 2014.
- “Estate Planning, Trusts, & Planning for Special Issues,” VectorVest® Retirement Essentials Seminar, Orlando, Fla., January 31, 2014; West Palm Beach, Fla., Feb. 21, 2014 and Naples, Fla., March 21, 2014.
- “Estate Planning, Trusts, & Planning for Special Issues,” VectorVest® Retirement Essentials Seminar, Columbus, Ohio, Nov. 16, 2013.
- “Estate Planning, Trusts, & Planning for Special Issues,” VectorVest® Retirement Essentials Seminar, Cleveland, Ohio, Nov. 1, 2013.
- “Dealing with Problem Employees,” Taft's 12th Annual Labor & Employment Law Update, Cleveland, Ohio, Nov. 16, 2012.
- “ADA Regulations of 2011,” Taft's 11th Annual Labor & Employment Law Update, Cleveland, Ohio, Nov. 18, 2011.
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association (Member)
- Estate Planning Council of Cleveland (Member)
- Ohio State Bar Association (Member)
- The Ohio State University Alumni Association (Life Member)
- Accredited Estate Planner®