Greg is an attorney in the Private Client and Estate Planning practice groups. He counsels clients regarding wills, revocable trusts, generation-skipping trusts, business succession, family partnerships and other estate planning techniques to preserve assets and minimize taxes. He also advises individual trustees and corporate trustees regarding trust administration and fiduciary income tax matters.
In addition, Greg advises individual and institutional clients regarding the creation and administration of tax-exempt organizations and charitable trusts.
Greg works with a variety of nonprofit clients, including community foundations and private foundations. He regularly counsels nonprofit organizations on tax, governance and administrative issues. Greg also provides nonprofit clients with advice on the creation and administration of charitable trusts, pooled income funds and other charitable gift programs.
He is requested as a frequent guest speaker on topics associated with estate planning, tax-exempt organizations and charitable gifts.
Honoree, Best Lawyers in America, Trust and Estates (1995 - present)
Honoree, Minnesota Super Lawyers
Honoree, Super Lawyers, Estate Planning & Probate
"Top 40 Estate Planning Attorney"
Member, Leading American Attorneys
Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
All Service Areas
- University of Minnesota Law School (1976)
- St. Olaf College (1972)
B.A., magna cum laude
Phi Beta Kappa
- State - Minnesota
- Federal - 8th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - District of Minnesota
- Assists individuals and families with estate planning, creation of trusts, business succession and charitable gifts.
- Represents personal representatives and trustees with respect to the administration of estates and trusts, gift and estate tax returns and audits, reformation of trusts, and resolution of gift, estate and trust disputes.
- Acts as general counsel to family foundations providing advice regarding formation, governance, administration, and tax issues.
- Acts as general counsel to community foundations and other public charities providing advice regarding governance, administration, tax issues and charitable gift programs.
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- American Bar Association
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
Member, Section of Probate and Trust