Don focuses his practice in the areas of business litigation and environmental law, and has experience in trial and appellate proceedings involving antitrust law, securities law, contract disputes, legal malpractice, misappropriation of trade secrets, trademark infringement, false advertising, and general business and corporate matters. Don was litigation counsel for the City of Indianapolis in its contested acquisition of Indianapolis Water Company, and represented the utility following that acquisition in proceedings before the state utility regulatory commission and in litigation before federal and state trial and appellate courts. He has also been involved in numerous environmental cases, including Superfund cases, toxic tort cases, cases dealing with leaking underground storage tanks, and cases seeking recovery of environmental cleanup costs from liability insurers.
Don received his undergraduate degree in finance, with highest distinction, from the Indiana University Kelley School of Business, and his law degree, magna cum laude, from the Indiana University Maurer School of Law-Bloomington.
AV Peer Review Rated, LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubbell
All Service Areas
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law (1979)
- Indiana University Kelley School of Business (1976)
- Federal - Northern District of Indiana
- Federal - Southern District of Indiana
- Federal - 7th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
- State - Indiana
- American Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association