Danielle focuses her practice on employment, benefits and labor matters. She practices principally in the areas of:
- Employment litigation
- Employment counseling
- Non-compete agreements and restrictive covenants
- Business litigation
Danielle works with employers in a wide-variety of employment litigation and counseling matters. She represents clients in state and federal courts, as well as before state and federal agencies, such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Minnesota Department of Human Rights. Danielle defends employers facing allegations of violations of numerous employment statutes, including Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act and the Minnesota Human Rights Act. She also represents employers seeking to enforce employment contracts, namely non-competition agreements, and defends employees against claims regarding restrictive covenants.
Apart from litigation, Danielle counsels clients on day-to-day employment matters such as hiring, promoting, disciplining, terminating, implementing reductions in force, determining reasonable accommodations and ensuring compliance with state and federal wage, hour and leave requirements.
While in law school, Danielle served as both an executive editor of the Journal of the National Security Forum and the assistant editor of the William Mitchell Law Review. She also externed for the Honorable John R. Tunheim and the United States Attorney's Office.
- William Mitchell College of Law
summa cum laude
- Miami University of Ohio
B.A., summa cum laude
- State - Minnesota
- Federal - District of Minnesota
- Successfully obtained judgment as a matter of law on plaintiff-competitor’s 11-count complaint and where plaintiff sought over $65 million in damages.
- Successfully obtained temporary restraining order against accounting manager who sought to work for a competitor in violation of her non-compete agreement.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment and full dismissal with prejudice of plaintiff’s whistleblower claim, and obtained judgment against plaintiff for violation of his employment agreement.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment and full dismissal with prejudice of plaintiff’s age discrimination claim on behalf of professional sports team.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment and full dismissal with prejudice of plaintiff’s claims for sexual harassment and negligence on behalf of residential management company.
- Defended staffing company against claims of religious discrimination and failure to accommodate religious beliefs regarding prayer breaks.
- Defended dental supply company against claims of age and sex discrimination, reprisal, and violation of the Equal Pay Act.
- Successfully counseled and defended numerous clients regarding claims that company’s websites and mobile applications did not comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Defended numerous entities against negligence claims arising out of alleged sexual abuse.
- Successful jury trial: court ordered injunction on non-compete. At trial, jury found former sales employee breached his employment contract and was not entitled to any deferred compensation. Court ordered former employee to pay $189,000 in attorneys' fees to employer and ordered former employee to return all company documents in his possession.
- Successfully obtained judgment as a matter of law, after week-long trial on Plaintiff’s claims for breach of non-compete agreement and tortious interference brought against terminated employee and his new employer.
- Successful jury trial: won jury verdict in favor of international food company and obtained a $90,000 judgment against plaintiff in employment discrimination lawsuit.
- Successful jury trial: obtained total defense verdict on local artist’s claims of fraud and unjust enrichment brought against advertising firm.
- Successful arbitration: arbitrator found brewery liable for breach of contract after client’s beverages spoiled.
- Defended employer against claims for disability discrimination, sexual harassment, reprisal and marital status discrimination in violation of the Minnesota Human Rights Act.
- Defended employer against claims for sex-plus discrimination, reprisal and marital status discrimination.
- Defended employer and its owner against claims of disability discrimination, reprisal, aiding and abetting discrimination, violation of Minnesota's whistleblower statute, negligence and intentional interference with economic advantage.
- Defended philanthropic organization against former employee's allegations that he was wrongfully discharged in violation of the parties' lifetime employment agreement.
- Successfully defended national bank by obtaining Rule 12(b)(6) dismissals on homeowners’ claims that bank violated several statutory and common laws by not giving homeowners loan modifications.
- Defended cable and wire manufacturer against claims of personal injury and wrongful death for alleged exposure to asbestos-containing products.
- Defended hydraulic fracking company in breach of contract dispute.