Dan focuses his practice on government contracts law, government relations, land use and real estate development.
Prior to joining Taft, Dan was the staff judge advocate for the Indiana National Guard, where he provided legal advice and counsel to the Adjutant General and Joint Force Headquarters staff. He also planned and coordinated legal services for the soldiers and airmen of the Indiana National Guard. Prior to that, he was in private practice and also served as the senior legal advisor at the Atterbury-Muscatatuck Center for Complex Operations. In addition, Dan was an adjunct professor of government contract law for the Defense Acquisition University and the director of the Department of Metropolitan Development for the city of Indianapolis from 1992-1994, responsible for economic development, zoning and urban planning, building inspections and financial operations.
Dan received his undergraduate degree in accounting from Ohio State University in 1984 and earned his J.D. from Indiana University McKinney School of Law in 1987. He is a combat veteran of deployments to Bosnia, Afghanistan and Iraq. Daniel holds a Top Secret Security Clearance and was awarded with the Sagamore of the Wabash in 2014 by then Indiana Governor Pence. He has also been honored with the Legion of Merit, Bronze Star Medal and the Meritorious Service Medal (2nd OLC). Dan is a board member of the West Point Selection Committees representing Sen. Todd Young and Rep. Susan Brooks.
All Service Areas
- Indiana University - Robert H. McKinney School of Law (1987)
- Ohio State University (B.S., Accounting) (1984)
- State - Indiana
- Indiana State Bar Association Member
- Leadership Academy Instructor
- West Point Selection Committee Board Member
- Oakland City University Instructor
- Central Texas College Instructor
- Sagamore of the Wabash (Governor Pence) Appointee
- Legion of Merit, Bronze Star Medal Honoree 2016, 2010
- Retired U.S. Army
- Marian University Instructor