Dan Burns is an attorney in the Public Finance and Economic Development practice group. He serves as bond counsel and economic development counsel for government entities including counties, cities, towns, and school boards. Dan guides his clients through governmental purpose and other bond issuances. In addition, he has experience in helping clients utilize economic development tools such as tax abatement and tax increment financing.
Dan also serves as bond counsel, issuer counsel, bank counsel, and borrower counsel in private activity bond financings. He particularly enjoys assisting clients in 501(c)(3) tax-exempt transactions.
All Service Areas
- University of St. Thomas School of Law (2016)
- The Catholic University of America (2011)
B.A., magna cum laude
- State - Minnesota
- Economic Development Association of Minnesota
- Minnesota Institute of Public Finance
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Affordable Housing Connections, Inc.
Board of Directors