Casey focuses her practice in the areas of insolvency, creditors’ rights and bankruptcy reorganization, including all aspects of bankruptcy litigation. She represents secured lenders, creditors’ committees, unsecured creditors and other parties of interest in bankruptcy proceedings, restructurings and out-of court workouts.
Prior to joining Taft, Casey was a law clerk for the Honorable Beth A. Buchanan and Honorable J. Vincent Aug, Jr. of the United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Ohio. She earned her B.A. and her M.B.A. from the University of Cincinnati, and her J.D. from Salmon P. Chase College of Law.
Casey is dedicated to serving her profession. She currently serves on the Executive Committee of the Midwest Regional Bankruptcy Institute and is the vice-president of the Tri-State Association for Corporate Renewal. She is a past chair of the Judicial Liaison Committee for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Ohio at Cincinnati and past chair of the Bankruptcy Committee at the Cincinnati Bar Association. She is a member of the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber of Commerce's WE Lead Class 11 and a graduate of Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers (CALL) Class XVII. She served on the board for the League for Animal Welfare, where she co-chaired their annual fundraising event.
All Service Areas
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law - Northern Kentucky University (2005)
- University of Cincinnati (M.B.A.) (1997)
- University of Cincinnati (B.A.) (1994)
- Federal - Northern District of Ohio
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- Federal - Western District of Kentucky
- Federal - Eastern District of Kentucky
- State - Ohio
- State - Kentucky
- Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers (CALL) (Member, Class XVII, 2012-2013)
- Cincinnati Bar Association (Past Chair, Bankruptcy Committee 2011-2013, Past Chair, Judicial Liason Committee, 2013-2015)
- Kentucky Bar Association (Member)
- Midwest Regional Bankruptcy Institute (Executive Committee Member, 2013–present)
- Tri-State Association for Corporate Renewal (Vice-President 2017-current , Board Member 2015-present)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Ohio at Cincinnati (Past Chair, Judicial Liaison Committee)
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC) (Former Treasurer and Founding Member, Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Chapter, 2011-2013)
- League for Animal Welfare (Board Member, 2015-2017)
- WE Lead (Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, Class 11, 2016-2017)