Cara focuses her practice on a mix of transactional and general corporate work, including M&A, joint venture and other business transactions; drafting and review of commercial contracts, tech agreements and privacy policies; and working with companies within Central Indiana's growing socially responsible business and impact investment community.
Since joining Taft in 2013, Cara has worked extensively in the middle market sector assisting corporate clients in multiple industries with various transactional, commercial, technology and privacy related needs. She has represented some of Indiana's first benefit corporations and is particularly interested in working with socially and environmentally responsible companies and investors in a variety of capacities, including:
- Setting up benefit corporations and benefit-driven LLCs
- Completing B Corp impact assessments
- Drafting annual sustainability reports based on Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) metrics
- Developing environmental, social and governance (ESG) policies
- Forming impact investment networks and funds
- Connecting socially responsible investors to socially and environmentally driven companies
Cara earned a CIPP/US certification and is a Certified Information Privacy Professional within the United States.
Cara earned her J.D., cum laude, from Indiana University Maurer School of Law and her B.A. in Spanish, magna cum laude, from Valparaiso University. She serves on the Indiana University Maurer School of Law's LGBT Alumni Advisory Board and is also a member of the firm's Gender Advancement Committee.
All Service Areas
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law - Bloomington (2013)
- B.A., Valparaiso University (2009)
- State - Indiana
- American Bar Association Member
- Young Professionals of Central Indiana (YPCI) Past President, Board of Directors
- Leadership Indianapolis Past Participant, Opportunity Indianapolis and LEAD programs
- Benefit Company Bar Association Member
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law LGBT Alumni Advisory Board Member