Cara focuses her practice on transactional and corporate work, including technology agreements, privacy and data security matters and business transactions for clients ranging from startups to established global companies. She also holds the CIPP/US certification as a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
She is particularly interested in working with companies to:
- Establish website, software and mobile app terms and policies that both protect the company and are easy to read.
- Draft customer agreements for technology-based products, including SaaS.
- Understand and negotiate agreements with information technology vendors.
- Evaluate the company’s data privacy risk under applicable privacy laws, including the GDPR.
- Assess, develop and implement data governance policies.
She is equally interested in working with socially and environmentally responsible companies and investors in a variety of capacities, including:
- Setting up benefit corporations (B Corp) and benefit-driven LLCs.
- Completing B Corp impact assessments.
- Drafting annual sustainability reports based on Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) metrics.
- Developing environmental, social and governance (ESG) policies.
- Forming impact investment networks and funds.
- Connecting socially responsible investors to socially and environmentally driven companies.
Cara earned her J.D., cum laude, from Indiana University Maurer School of Law and her B.A. in Spanish, magna cum laude, from Valparaiso University. She serves on the Indiana University Maurer School of Law's LGBT Alumni Advisory Board and is also a member of the firm's Gender Advancement Committee.
All Service Areas
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law - Bloomington (2013)
- Valparaiso University, B.A. (2009)
- State - Indiana
- American Bar Association
- Young Professionals of Central Indiana (YPCI)
Board of Directors
- Leadership Indianapolis
Past Participant, Opportunity Indianapolis and LEAD programs
- Benefit Company Bar Association
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law
LGBT Alumni Advisory Board Member