Brian's multifaceted intellectual property practice includes patent, copyright, trademark and business litigation, as well as patent and trademark procurement, opinions and searches. He has litigated and negotiated numerous patent, copyright and trademark infringement, and business dispute cases for his clients. Brian's experience includes a wide variety of industries, such as financial technology, software, wine, restaurant, e-commerce, education, publishing and real estate.
Prior to joining Taft, Brian was one of the co-founders of the boutique IP firm Wolek & Noack. He received his J.D. from the Indiana University-Bloomington Maurer School of Law and was an associate editor of the Federal Communications Law Journal. Brian received a B.S. in microbiology & immunology from the University of Miami, where he spent two years researching macular degeneration at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute.
All Service Areas
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law - Bloomington (2012)
- University of Miami, B.S., Microbiology and Immunology (2009)
- Federal - United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Federal - U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Federal - U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Federal - 7th Circuit Court of Appeals
- State - Illinois