Brian focuses his practice on businesses and individuals seeking counsel on business and finance, real estate and litigation matters. Brian brings a decade of experience to the clients he serves across the state of Ohio.
Before joining Taft, Brian built his legal reputation as the owner and sole practitioner of his former firm, BKD Legal, LLC, which assisted clients in cases related to real estate property, general business dealings, insurance, sports entertainment law, complex litigation and transactional matters. He has represented hotels, condominiums and real estate development clients across the country and will continue to do so at Taft.
Brian earned his J.D. from Capital University Law School and his undergraduate degree from Washington & Jefferson College, where he received his bachelor’s in business administration and psychology.
Distinguished Lawyer™ Honoree, The Expert Network©
- Capital University School of Law (2006)
- Washington & Jefferson College (2003)
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- Federal - Northern District of Ohio
- State - Ohio
- Represented Chris Spielman in notable sports entertainment case involving Spielman and the Ohio State University ("Chris Spielman's Lawsuit Against Ohio State Could Set Monumental Precedent," Sports Illustrated)
- Served as counsel for Amie Morningstar, a former Circleville firefighter who filed and won a harassment and discrimination lawsuit against the city of Circleville. (“Ex-Circleville Firefighter Gets $3.35 Million for Harassment, Discrimination,” The Columbus Dispatch).
Speeches and Publications
Spoke on panel at the Entertainment & Sports Law Conference at the University of Miami School of Law on "Name, Image & Likeness Across an Athlete's Career" (Summer 2018)
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Big Walnut Chamber of Commerce
- Big Walnut Youth Athletic Association
- Big Walnut High School
Freshman Football Coach (2019)
- The Ohio Fallen Heroes Memorial
Director, The Heroes Legacy Fund
- Cattle for Kids Ohio, Inc.
- Stefanie Spielman Fund for Breast Cancer Research
- The Spielman Family Foundation
- Mayerson Jewish Community Center of Cincinnati
- The Koala Times
- Indian Creek High School
- Gold Pants Club