Tony counsels clients in all areas of intellectual property law, including preparation and prosecution of patents; registration of trademarks and copyrights; and drafting, reviewing and negotiating proprietary and open source licensing agreements. Tony's practice experience also includes preparing opinions, including patentability, non-infringement, invalidity and trademark opinions. His diverse background in electrical engineering, computer science, business and law give him broad experience and equip him to address a variety of intellectual property issues for clients.
Tony works with a wide range of clients, from individuals and entrepreneurial start-up companies, to universities and Fortune 100 companies. He left private practice for several years to lead the global software and services licensing group for an international electronics and entertainment company. Prior to pursuing his law degree, Tony held several positions in research and technology, including chief systems engineer of the Air Force Mission Support System at Mitre Corporation, research specialist at Lockheed Missiles and Space Company and engineering group leader at General Electric’s Space Systems Division.
He is admitted to practice law in North Carolina and Indiana, and is admitted to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Tony is also an adjunct faculty member for Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, and teaches classes in Intellectual Property Transactions.
All Service Areas
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law (1997)
- University of Pennsylvania (M.S., Computer Science) (1984)
- Indiana University - Kelley School of Business (M.B.A.) (1997)
- Washington University (B.S., Electrical Engineering and Computer Science) (1980)
- Federal - United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Federal - Northern District of Indiana
- Federal - Southern District of Indiana
- State - Indiana
- State - North Carolina
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law
Adjunct Faculty (2008-present)