Anthony is an attorney in Taft’s Real Estate practice. His experience includes representing commercial real estate clients in the acquisition, disposition, leasing and development of real property.
As a trusted advisor to his clients, Anthony provides strategic support to shopping center owners and other retail clients in their development, expansion and improvement relocations, legal creation of outparcels and the acquisition and disposition of outparcels and shopping centers.
Additionally, Anthony has significant experience representing telecommunications site owners for the development, acquisition and disposition of cellular towers, rooftop communications facilities and related sites.
Anthony was recognized by the National LGBT Bar Association as one of America’s 40 Best LGBT Lawyers Under 40 for being distinguished in his field and for demonstrating a profound commitment to LGBT equality.
Honoree, 40 Best LGBT Lawyers Under 40, National LGBT Bar Association (2015)
All Service Areas
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law (2012)
summa cum laude
- Represented a leading national real estate investment company in its multi-state portfolio dispositions of shopping center outparcels.
- Represented a publicly traded REIT in its $1.93 billion joint venture acquisition of 71 shopping centers with one of the world’s leading investment firms.
- Represented a national real estate management and development company in its conversion to a REIT.
- Represented an industrial hose and conveyor belt manufacturer in its $1.6 billion sale to a German-based auto parts maker.
- Represented a telecommunications company in its $500 million multi-state disposition of cellular communications towers and related facilities.
- Represented a multi-billion dollar worldwide banking corporation in its investment in a large, 66-megawatt wind farm project spanning several privately owned properties.
Speeches and Publications
- Panelist, From Law School to Big Law: Surviving & Thriving as a Diverse Attorney, Thompson Hine and Cleveland-Marshall College of Law Dean’s Diversity Council (April 2017)
- Panelist, Networking for Law Students, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law Black Law Students Association (September 2015)
- Author, "Personality: The Lost Quality of Diversity," Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Bar Journal (July/August 2014)
- Featured Speaker, “Being Out in the Professional World,” Ohio University (April 2014)
- Author, “Creating Diversity Jurisdiction in Removal Actions Through the Improper Use of Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 21: Procedural Blackjack or Judicial Bust?” Cleveland State Law Review (May 2012)
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
LGBT and Allies Committee, Founder and Co-Chair (2014-2017)
- Urban Land Institute
- Cleveland-Marshall Law Alumni Association
- The Diversity Center of Northeast Ohio
LeadDIVERSITY Class of 2019
- Dean's Diversity Council, Cleveland–Marshall College of Law
- College Now Greater Cleveland
- Cleveland Gala, Human Rights Campaign
Marketing Co-Chair (2012-2014)
- Law and Leadership Institute
- Plexus LGBT & Allied Chamber of Commerce