Ann litigates matters in areas involving commercial contracts/leases, business torts, products liability, qui tams, employment, whistleblowing, domestic relations and education. She has procured favorable summary judgment decisions in business tort, breach of contract/lease and products liability cases involving million dollar damage amounts. Ann has experience representing clients in proceedings before administrative agencies, trial and appellate courts and the Ohio Supreme Court.
In addition to being a litigator, Ann also counsels clients on risk mitigation in the face of legal uncertainties, and has a mindset toward cost-effective and practical business solutions. Ann also presently serves as special counsel to the Ohio Attorney General, representing the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation in injured workers' R.C. 4123.512 appeals in Franklin County.
Ann enjoys being active in local politics and is passionate about service to our community. She previously served as a board member for The Ohio Art League, and presently serves as a board trustee for the Columbus Landmarks Foundation. She is also a board trustee and chair of public relations for the Women Lawyers of Franklin County. She volunteers with the Legal Aid Society of Columbus, the Women's Fund of Central Ohio and the YWCA Family Center.
Before joining Taft, Ann was a law clerk with another Columbus area firm. While there, she assisted the criminal defense, personal injury and workers’ compensation departments with legal research and the drafting of court documents at the administrative, trial and appellate levels.
In 2007, prior to attending law school, Ann had the unique experience of teaching English to business professionals in Istanbul, Turkey. She was also employed in the business affairs department of a talent agency in Beverly Hills, California, assisting in the management of high-profile actors, comedians and musicians and the negotiation of their performance contracts.
Ann received her law degree, cum laude, from Capital University Law School in 2011. During her time there, she served as both a staff member and Executive Notes Editor on Law Review and acted as teaching assistant in the subjects of Legal Research and Writing and Advanced Civil Procedure. During the 2008-2009 school year, she was also the recipient of a CALI Award in Legal Research and Writing.
All Service Areas
- Capital University School of Law (2011)
- The Ohio State University (2005)
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- State - Ohio
- Federal - Northern District of Ohio
- Federal - 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
Speeches and Publications
- Spoke at the Walsh University Fourth Annual Women's Empowerment Conference on a panel, "Women in the Professional Realm," Nov. 2017
- Co-Author: "The Justice Gap and Pro Bono Legal" ABA Litigation Section, Winter 2017
- GCAC/OAL "Best Practices for Artists" Workshop, 2014
- Taft Employment Law Seminar, 2013: "Use of Social Media in the Hiring Process"
- Columbus Bar Association
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County
Chair & Member, Public Relations
- Ohio Art League
Former Board Member
- Women's Fund of Central Ohio
- Columbus Landmarks Foundation