Drew has broad experience litigating disputes in both state and federal courts throughout the U.S. He has represented corporations and individuals in all aspects of the litigation process in cases including class actions, derivative claims, and multi-party litigation. Drew’s practice has included work across multiple sectors, including financial services/asset management, securities, real estate, and entertainment. Prior to joining Taft, he clerked for the Honorable Rebecca Beach Smith of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia and was an associate in the litigation groups at Dechert LLP and White & Case LLP, both in New York.
Drew earned his J.D., magna cum laude and Order of the Coif, from Washington and Lee University School of Law and a B.A., cum laude from Colgate University.
Top Rated Securities Litigation Attorney Honoree, New York Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2016 – 2018).
Honoree, Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Civil Litigation: Defense (2020)
Honoree, Ones to Watch, Best Lawyers in America, Litigation - Securities (2021)
- Washington and Lee University School of Law (2010)
magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- Colgate University (2005)
- State - Ohio
- State - New York
- State - New Jersey
- Federal - Southern District of New York
- Federal - Eastern District of New York
- Federal - District of New Jersey
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- Represented limited partners in fiduciary duty claims in connection with major real estate transaction.
- Represented corporation in connection with expedited shareholder action in Delaware Court of Chancery.
- Represented transportation services company in federal securities class action.
- Represented financial services company in litigation arising out of the Madoff Ponzi scheme.
- Represented mutual fund advisers and independent trustees in several Section 36(b) litigations.
- Represented financial services company in connection with tax shelter litigation.
- Represented client convicted of robbery in connection with appeal.
- Represented victims of domestic violence and sexual assault in connection with immigration matters.