Adrian serves as Taft’s first Chief Diversity Officer. In this role, he leads the firm’s commitment and strategy regarding diversity and inclusion across Taft’s 10 offices. He also co-chairs Taft’s diversity and inclusion committee, a group of 18 attorneys and senior staff who collaborate to create initiatives toward a comprehensive mindset of inclusiveness in the firm’s thinking and actions. Adrian also helps to develop and oversee the implementation of policies and programs designed to recruit, train and retain a diverse workforce, thereby guiding Taft to become an employer of choice.
In addition to his role as CDO, Adrian is co-partner-in-charge of Taft's Cleveland office and maintains a full-time practice in the Employment Law and Education practices. He is also a member of the firm’s executive committee.
Adrian’s areas of responsibility as Chief Diversity Officer include:
- Being the firm’s spokesperson on topics related to diversity and inclusion.
- Creating an environment where implicit bias is openly discussed and understood and does not distort opportunities for inclusion.
- Articulating, promoting and reinforcing Taft’s mandate for diversity and inclusion and commitment toward creating a culture of inclusion for all Taft team members.
- Encouraging Taft attorneys to be thought leaders and change agents in the communities where they work and live.
- Serving as a resource, mentor and advisor to Taft leadership teams and personnel.
- Implementing best practices across Taft’s offices.
- Participating in professional organizations and networks that promote diversity and inclusion.
Honoree, Best Lawyers in America, Education Law (2012 - present)
Honoree, Ohio Super Lawyers
Taft Legacy Award Honoree, Taft (2017)
Best in Class Honoree, Greater Cleveland Partnership, Diversity in the Legal Profession (2018)
- The Ohio State University College of Law (1986)
- Bowling Green State University (1983)
- Federal - 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - Northern District of Ohio
- State - Ohio
- American Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Greater Cleveland Partnership
Member, AMP Steering Committee
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Supreme Court of Ohio
Member, Commission on the Rules of Superintendence for Ohio Courts
- The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland
President Emeritus, Board of Directors
- Norman S. Minor Bar Association