Adam protects the intellectual property of some of the world’s largest companies, including those in the financial, wireless, software, agriculture and manufacturing industries. He has successfully litigated and negotiated numerous patent, copyright and trademark infringement, trade secret and business disputes for his clients. Adam also assists clients with intellectual property licensing and counseling.
Prior to joining Taft, Adam worked at both Big Law and boutique law firms and taught patent law, which has provided him with a breadth of experience working with companies of all sizes.
Adam is a member of the Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago (IPLAC), Richard Linn American Inn of Court and chairs IPLAC’s Biotech committee.
Adam graduated cum laude, with honors, from Chicago-Kent College of Law, where he received a J.D. and was awarded a Certificate of Distinction in Patent Strategies and a Certificate in Intellectual Property Law. He was an editor of the Journal of Intellectual Property, president of the Intellectual Property Law Society and captain of the Saul Lefkowitz Moot Court team. In addition, Adam was awarded a Chicago IP Colloquium Fellowship and a C.A. and C.C. Rebeiz Foundation for Basic Research scholarship. He received his B.S. and M.S. from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
All Service Areas
- Chicago-Kent College of Law
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (M.S.)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (B.S.)
- Federal - United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Federal - U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Federal - U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Federal - Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar)
- Federal - U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Federal - U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- State - Illinois
Speeches and Publications
- "A District Court Split on Curing Copyright Timing Defects," Law360, August 15, 2019 (co-author with Rashad Simmons)
- Panelist, "Freedom to Operate (FTO) Searches," presented by Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago (IPLAC), July 18, 2019
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago