Adam brings his unique background and experiences to Taft’s Public Law and Education Litigation practice areas. He focuses his practice on representing public governmental entities, including local, city and exempted village school districts, single and multi-county educational service centers, joint vocational school districts and statewide educational associations.
In addition to his legal career, Adam is a former elected School Board member, former public school teacher and superintendent of schools. He assists school district leaders in a host of legal matters, including labor contract negotiations, student legal issues, administrative contracts, Board of Education policies and governance, arbitrations, and education sector litigation. Adam is particularly versed in the legal aspects of education grants, school finance, community and alternate schools and their impact on traditional public school district operations.Adam has successfully worked on several large-scale school facilities projects exceeding 100 million dollars.
Adam contributes his talents to many organizations. He is a Board member with Operation Legal Help Ohio, Pro-Bono Veterans' project and is a former chair of the Ohio State Bar Association Military and Veterans' Affairs Committee. In this role, Adam helped start a statewide non-profit organization dedicated to serving the legal needs of veterans and military families. He presently holds the rank of Lieutenant Colonel in the Army Reserve. Adam is a U.S. Army Reserve Judge Advocate General’s Corps Officer (1996 - present) and served with the 10th Mountain Division during his deployment to Afghanistan in 2004. Adam currently serves as the Staff Judge Advocate, 103rd ESC, formerly the Deputy Commander of the 6th Legal Operations Detachment, USAR Legal Command. Adam was recently awarded the US Army's Meritorious Service Medal (MSM) and will graduate from the US Army War College in 2017.
As the newly elected Ohio State Representative for the 17th District of Ohio, Adam will serve on the following committees:
- Finance Subcommittee on Primary and Secondary Education, ranking member.
- Armed Services, Veterans Affairs and Homeland Security.
- Federalism and Interstate Relations.
- Public Utilities.
All Service Areas
- Capital University School of Law (1994)
- Otterbein College (Ohio Teaching Certificate) (1989)
- U.S. Army Command & General Staff College (2004)
- Ohio State University (B.A.) (1988)
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- State - Ohio
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Columbus Bar Association (Member)
- Columbus Business First ("Who's Who Under 40" 1998)
- Ohio Council of School Board Attorneys (Member)
- Ohio State Bar Association (Chair, Military & Veterans' Affairs Committee; Past Chair, Education Law Committee)
- Grandview Marble Cliff Area Chamber of Commerce (Member)
- National School Boards Association, Council of School Attorneys (Member)
- Ohio Capital Conference (Coach of the Year (Westerville South) 1993)
- Operation Enduring Freedom, Afghanistan (Combat Veteran, SSI, CJTF-180 2004)
- Reserve Officer's Association (Member)
- U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps (Officer 1996 - present)
- U.S. Army Reserve (Lieutenant Colonel)
- Wright State University, Mercer County Campus (Adjunct Education Professor)
- Capital University Law School Alumni Association (Board Member)
- Operation Legal Help Ohio (Co-Founding Member)
- Hilltop Kiwanis Club (Member)
- Hilltop Historical Society (Board Member)
- American Legion Post 532 (Hilltop USA), VFW Post 4044 (Member)
- 103rd Expeditionary Sustainment Command (Staff Judge Advocate)
- OSU Moritz Law School Grassbaugh Veteran's Project (Supervisory pro-bono attorney )
- First Community Church (K-12 Education Council, Board Member)
- John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center & School (Honor Graduate)
- National Defense University, Washington, DC (Adjunct Professor)
- Simon Kenton Council, Boy Scouts of America (Assistant Scout Master, Troop 295)