Aaron is a business attorney in Taft's Minneapolis office. He advises clients on matters relating to mergers and acquisitions, compliance, corporation formation and dissolution as well as general business.
Prior to joining Taft, Aaron was an associate at a large national firm, where he assisted public and private companies in connection with merger and acquisition-related activities, as well as other legal matters related to their business. Aaron also worked as a judicial law clerk at the Minnesota Court of Appeals immediately after graduating from law school. He obtained his J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of St. Thomas School of Law, and his bachelor's degree, cum laude, from the University of St. Thomas.
All Service Areas
- University of St. Thomas School of Law (2017)
- University of St. Thomas (2014)
- State - Minnesota
- Provided legal guidance in the acquisition of Pearson's Candy Company.
- Assisted a commercial financing firm with the purchase of $330 million in credit card receivables.
- Provided legal counsel to a local logistics company during a $60 million stock sale to a private equity firm.
Speeches and Publications
- "The Guns Aren't Illegal. But Sometimes the Owners Are," Bench and Bar of Minnesota (2019)
- "This Time I'll Be Bulletproof: Using Ex Parte Firearm Prohibitions to Combat Intimate-Partner Violence," Columbia Human Rights Law Review (2019)
- Co-author, "U.S. Supreme Court Protects Trademark Licenses," Bench and Bar of Minnesota (2019)
- Co-author, "With Fee Compression on the Rise, Is It Finally Time to Say Hindsight is 2 and 20?" American Bar Association Business Law Section e-newsletter (2019)
- "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother: The Need for a Statutory Enabling of Sibling Visitation," Boston University Public Interest Law Journal (2018)
- What Does the Fox Say: Domestic Violence, Personal Jurisdiction, and the State's Sovereignty in Declaring the Protected Status of its Citizens, University of St. Thomas Law Journal (2018).
- University of St. Thomas School of Law
Alumni Advisory Board member (2019-present)
Mentor, Externship Program (2019-present)
- The Domestic Abuse Project
Board member (2019-present)
- Theresa Living Center
Board member (2017-present)