Cleveland associate Allison Smith Newsome will serve as a moderator at the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association’s annual State of the Court. The session will be broadcast as a live interactive webinar on Thursday, May 20 from 3-4:30 p.m. followed by 30 minutes of breakout room discussion with each court.
Newsome will moderate the session along with Ian Friedman, the immediate past president of the CMBA. Together they will query eight judges:
- Judge Laura J. Gallagher, Cuyahoga County Probate Court.
- Judge Brendan J. Sheehan, Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas.
- Judge Mary Boyle, Ohio Eighth District Court of Appeals.
- Judge Terri L. Stupica, Northern Ohio Municipal Judges’ Association.
- Chief Judge Patricia A. Gaughan, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio.
- Judge Michelle D. Earley, Cleveland Municipal Court.
- Judge Leslie Ann Celebrezze, Cuyahoga County Domestic Relations Court.
- Judge Thomas F. O’Malley, Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas, Juvenile Division.
For more information and to register for the webinar, visit here.
Newsome is a member of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association’s Board of Directors. She is also involved in the Rocky River Juvenile Diversion Program as a volunteer magistrate. Newsome focuses her practice on the representation of hospitals, physician groups, and other health care organizations regarding the regulatory, transactional, and business aspects of health care law. She earned her J.D. from Case Western Reserve University School of Law in 2019, with a concentration in health law, and a B.A. from Vanderbilt University in 2016.