Taft Family Law attorney Jessica A. Mager spoke at the Nov. 4 Columbus Bar Association CLE seminar “It’s All About the Relocation: Attorney, GAL and Judicial Roles.” Mager also helped organize the seminar, which explored relocation issues from the perspectives of the attorney, the Guardian ad Litem (“GAL”) and the judge.
Along with the Hon. M. Elizabeth Gill, Franklin County Court of Common Pleas, and attorney Alise M. Price, Mager covered the following three perspectives:
Role of the Attorney
- Advocating for the Client
- Modifying an Existing Support Order
- Facts and Factors to Consider
Role of the Guardian ad Litem
- Advocating for the Child
- What is Included in “Best Interests of the Child” Test?
- The Role of Collateral Contacts of the Child
View from the Bench
- Proximity, Motivation and Parenting Time Issues
- Maintaining the Parent-Child Relationship
- Child Support Considerations
Mager focuses her practice on all aspects of domestic relations litigation, including complex divorce with an emphasis in child custody matters, establishment and enforcement of child and spousal support, establishment of paternity and general civil litigation.
Materials are available for purchase from the CBA.