- Type: Conference
- Presented by: Information Management Network
- Speakers: Kostas Poulakidas
- Location: Convene 16 W. Adams Street, Chicago, IL 60603
Opportunity Zones Forum (Midwest)
Taft Chicago partner Kostas A. Poulakidas will moderate the panel, “Investment Primer for Family Offices,” at the Opportunity Zones Forum (Midwest) in Chicago, Ill. on Sept. 19 at 2:20 p.m. Poulakidas has spoken frequently on the subject of Opportunity Zones and was recently honored by Opportunity Zone Magazine as one of the Top 25 most influential Opportunity Zone attorneys in the country.
The session will cover:
- To which strategies and in which markets are you allocating capital for Opportunity Zone funds?
- As an LP, what are your foremost concerns about investing in Opportunity Zones? What are you doing to manage risk?
- Which do you consider to be the earmarks of a strong investment? What’s on your decision-making checklist? Are there certain markets or sectors that you’d prefer to avoid?
- How do operating businesses factor into your investment plan? Which tech startups and large-scale businesses are you considering for investment? How do you plan to structure those deals?
More information and registration is available here.
Poulakidas is a partner and co-chair of Taft's Public Finance and Economic Development practice group. He provides economic development and public finance representation to government entities, real estate development firms, commercial banks, manufacturers and nonprofit organizations. Poulakidas focuses on public/municipal finance, economic development incentives and strategies, tax increment financing (TIF), venture capital, EB5 financing, tax benefits related to Qualified Opportunity Zones, forming Qualified Opportunity Zone Funds for private equity investment, private-public partnerships (P3s) and project finance.
In This Article
You May Also Like
Webinar | Cross-Atlantic Equity Plans: Trends & Best Practices for 2023 Technology Webinar Series: How To Avoid a Digital Transformation Relationship Trainwreck