David V. Allen, partner in the Real Estate Group in Taft's Cleveland office, is co-chair of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Real Estate Law Section, which is having its 32nd Annual Real Estate Law Institute on October 28-29. The program will be held at the Crowne Plaza Cleveland City Center at 777 St. Clair Avenue.
To register, go to www.clemetrobar.org.
Topics covered include:
- Current Developments
- What "IS" is - Uses of Recording Statutes to Give Notice of Rights
- Seller Financing - Use of Old Tools in a New Era
- Receivers: Turning Lemons into Lemonade (and Knowing When the Juice Isn't Worth the Squeeze)
- Liability Arising From Legal Opinions
- "6 Under 60" - Conveyances
- Leasing: Comparing and Contrasting Practices
- What's Market in Cleveland? - A Survey of Local Trends
- Tax Basics for Real Estate Lawyers
- "PDF" (Pretty Darn Fin) Technology for Real Estate Professionals