Taft is seeking a Staff Attorney to serve our eDiscovery & Litigation Services team in our Minneapolis office.
We are seeking a Staff Attorney with a minimum of 3 years’ eDiscovery experience to support our eDiscovery & Litigation Services team in our Minneapolis office. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Document Preservation & Collection:
- Advise and assist case teams in documenting preservation and collection obligations and strategies in accordance with firm and industry best practices.
- Draft Litigation Hold Notices.
- Conduct document collection scoping interviews with clients.
- Interface with vendors and client IT departments to facilitate document collections.
- Collaborate with Taft Discovery Analysts on data collection, processing, and ingestion into Relativity.
- Searching & Culling Documents for Production or Review:
- Develop and advise case teams on strategies for culling collected data for review in accordance with firm and industry best practices.
- Craft, revise, and test search terms for data culling and/or for document review.
- Run Search Terms Reports in Relativity.
- Document Review & Case Development:
- Set up and revise Review Layouts in Relativity.
- Advise case teams on conducting and implementing efficient and effective document reviews in accordance with Firm and industry best practices.
- Set up and implement QC searches and protocols.
- Train and supervise contract attorney review teams.
- Document Production:
- Advise case teams on document production options and best practices.
- Collaborate with Taft Discovery Analysts on production specifications.
- QC document productions.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with related legal work.
- Juris Doctorate degree is required.
- Knowledge of and experience with eDiscovery Best Practices and industry trends including the Sedona Conference, EDRM, case law, and local court practices.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Relativity.
- Demonstrated successful management of multiple, high-priority, complex matters simultaneously.
Interested candidates should apply to Alycen Cummings, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.