Taft is looking for a highly motivated, team-oriented senior associate to join our Finance group in the Chicago office.
Taft Law is seeking a senior associate with at least three years of experience for our Finance practice group. Experience in most or all of the following areas is required:
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a variety of commercial finance loan documentation (including credit agreements, security agreements, note purchase agreements, subordination agreements, guarantees, intercreditor agreements, and other ancillary corporate documentation) and delivering such documents in an efficient manner.
- Building relationships with clients, attorneys, and staff based on trust.
- Developing new client relationships and partnering with the Finance team to expand existing relationships.
- Participating fully in marketing and business development efforts, both individually and as a member of the Finance team.
- Identifying and analyzing legal issues and raising relevant issues to attorneys and clients while providing guidance, advice, and counsel.
- Working with junior associates in preparing and maintaining transaction checklists.
- Monitoring deal progress and status of documentation; coordinating with junior associates and paralegals regarding the same.
- Supporting the Finance team by creating and updating forms and template documents, as necessary.
- Communicating with attorneys, staff, and clients on transaction status, documentation needs, legal issues, and more.
- Explaining legal options to clients and bringing possible outcomes or issues to their attention.
- Responding effectively to questions and requests of clients and attorneys.
- Supervising junior associates and paralegals with legal due diligence, including reviewing and summarizing disclosure schedules and virtual data rooms, conducting lien searches, and gathering publicly available information.
- Gathering and organizing client and borrower information.
- Executing and developing strategies to resolve matters favorably, efficiently, and cost-effectively for clients.
- Performing other duties to ensure that clients receive the best and most cost-effective legal solutions.
- Experience, including substantial experience in one or more of mezzanine finance transactions, asset-based lending, cash flow lending, and borrower side finance work.
- Up-to-date understanding of legal issues affecting commercial lenders and borrowers.
- Significant experience drafting, analyzing, and negotiating complex documents.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume with a full description of relevant experience to Lisa Watson, chief recruiting officer, at email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.