Taft is seeking a Payroll Accountant to support our team in Taft's Cincinnati or Indianapolis office.
We are seeking a Payroll Accountant with 2+ years of payroll experience to support our team in our Cincinnati or Indianapolis office. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy — in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect and enter all new hire paperwork and employee changes into ADP payroll software for assigned payroll groups.
- Review and process bi-weekly electronic timecards for hourly employees. Contact employee and/or supervisor regarding missing or incorrect time entries.
- Review and process semi-monthly payroll for exempt employees.
- Submit payroll files to vendor and request funding of total payroll liability through internal accounting department.
- Download and file payroll and tax reports.
- Compile various internal management reports from ADP payroll software as requested.
- Serve as the main point of contact on audit activities including 401K, Workers Compensation, and payroll tax.
- Serve as the primary liaison with ADP account manager on system customization, upgrades, payroll questions and issues.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or one or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two+ years’ experience working with payroll software such as ADP, Paycor, Ultipro, etc. ADP strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and payroll tax principles.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Excel and Word.
- Punctual and predictable attendance and flexibility in order to meet scheduled and off-cycle payroll processing deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain cordial and productive work relationships.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Alycen Cummings, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.