Taft is seeking a payroll accountant to support our team in Taft's Cincinnati or Indianapolis office.
We are seeking a payroll accountant with 2+ years of payroll experience to support our team in our Cincinnati or Indianapolis office. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy — in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect and enter all new hire paperwork and employee changes into ADP payroll software for assigned payroll groups.
- Review and process bi-weekly electronic timecards for hourly employees. Contact employee and/or supervisor regarding missing or incorrect time entries.
- Review and process semi-monthly payroll for exempt employees.
- Submit payroll files to vendor and request funding of total payroll liability through internal accounting department.
- Download and file payroll and tax reports.
- Compile various internal management reports from ADP payroll software as requested.
- Serve as the main point of contact on audit activities including 401K, Workers Compensation, and payroll tax.
- Serve as the primary liaison with ADP account manager on system customization, upgrades, payroll questions and issues.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or one or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years’ experience working with payroll software such as ADP, Paycor, Ultipro, etc. ADP strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and payroll tax principles.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Excel and Word.
- Punctual and predictable attendance and flexibility in order to meet scheduled and off-cycle payroll processing deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain cordial and productive work relationships.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Alycen Cummings, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taft is a State of Minnesota and City of St. Paul Affirmative Action Employer as required in those jurisdictions. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.