We are looking for an energetic, customer-service focused paralegal to serve our Real Estate team in Taft’s Cleveland office.
We are seeking a paralegal with 3+ years of corporate legal experience to support our Real Estate team in the Cleveland office. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drafting real estate documents including purchase agreements, deeds, easements, and other documents for commercial and residential transactions.
- Obtaining, reviewing and analyzing title commitments, surveys, and other due diligence documents.
- Conducting and summarizing research in public records (including corporate records), conducting on-line tract and plat searches, and filing online various transfer forms for Indiana.
- Handling all aspects of Torrens title registration proceedings.
- Preparing and managing closing checklists, and attending in-person closings and/or coordinating delivery of closing documents.
- Assisting with secured transaction filings (including drafting and filing financing statements), searches and corporate registrations; obtaining zoning information from city officials; arranging for recording of real estate and other transactional documents in Indiana and out of state.
- Drafting purchase agreements, deeds, and other transactional documents for conveyances to/from trusts, estates, individuals, and entities; researching various state requirements for conveyances; and filing transfer forms required by various states.
- Providing support to litigation lawyers in handling foreclosures by action before and after entry of foreclosure order, including review of title documents, drafting and filing of foreclosure sale pleadings, service of process, and management of foreclosure timelines.
- Assisting lawyers with various real estate questions, research, document preparation, and filings.
- 3+ years’ related experience.
- Paralegal degree/certificate, or equivalent combination of experience.
- Proficient command of the English language and standard grammar rules.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to adapt to workplace stressors and competing priorities.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Alycen Cummings, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taft is a State of Minnesota and City of St. Paul Affirmative Action Employer as required in those jurisdictions. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.