We are looking for an energetic, customer-service focused full-time paralegal with experience to join our team in Taft’s Cleveland office.
We are seeking a full-time Paralegal with at least 3 years’ experience supporting the Real Estate practice in our Cleveland office. Paralegals serve clients by providing administrative support to attorneys. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
- Participate in due diligence (including title and survey) and other reviews of client records and files and conduct statutory, regulatory, or factual research.
- Under the supervision of an attorney, draft, edit, conform and otherwise assist in the preparation of legal documents and correspondence.
- Manage due diligence process and checklist, organize and maintain files for each matter.
- Organize, prepare for, and attend closings, including assisting attorneys in preparing closing documents, reviewing settlement statements, setting up the closing, overseeing the execution, recordation (if necessary), and delivery of agreements and documents, and handling post-closing matters.
- Manages escrows for purchase transactions. Responsible for closing purchase transactions. Obtains title policies and prepares title objection and closing letters independently.
- Ability to reason and apply common sense understanding to resolve problems and carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Coordinating due diligence for real estate transactions, including, acquisitions and dispositions.
- Reviewing and summarizing UCC, judgment, tax and other lien searches.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to organize self and others.
- Paralegal Certification or equivalent combination of experience.
- Proficient command of the English language and standard grammar rules.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
Any interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Alycen Cummings at email@example.com.
Taft is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.