We are looking for an energetic, customer-service focused part-time paralegal with experience to join our litigation team in Taft’s Cleveland office.
We are seeking a part-time Paralegal with 3 years’ experience supporting our Cleveland office as a Probate Paralegal. Paralegals serve clients by providing administrative support to attorneys. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
- Follows the ethical requirements set forth by the Rules of Professional Conduct of the applicable jurisdiction.
- Reviews and analyzes documents and other materials pertinent to the matter.
- Drafts routine legal documents and correspondence.
- Organizes and maintains files for each matter.
- Drafts legal documents and proofreads for accuracy
- Files documents and pleadings with various courts and other agencies.
- Analyzes records provided by clients, CPAs, banks and corporate fiduciaries, identifies assets held at death, values all estate assets utilizing IRS-approved methods, and calculates accruals.
- Drafts Federal and State Estate Tax Returns and proofreads for accuracy.
- Analyzes financial records and drafts internal office inventories, Probate Court Inventories and Fiduciary and Trust Accountings.
- Assists clients and others in collecting estate assets by compiling required legal transfer documentation and completes claim and new account forms.
- Manages checkbooks for Estate and Trust funds and maintains accountings of funds received and expended.
- Conducts research using all available resources including print materials and online resources.
- Contacts and interviews parties relevant to the matter; prepares summaries.
- Ability to reason and apply common sense understanding to resolve problems and carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Uses computerized specialty practice area software.
- 3+ years’ experience with Probate legal work.
- Paralegal Certification, or equivalent combination of experience.
- Proficient command of the English language and standard grammar rules.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
Any interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Alycen Cummings at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taft is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.