Taft is currently seeking a Litigation/IP Litigation Paralegal to join our team in our Minneapolis office.
We are seeking an IP/Commercial Litigation Paralegal to support our Minneapolis office. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates familiarity with litigation and intellectual property litigation processes.
- Assists in deposition, mediation, arbitration, and trial preparation.
- Edits and proofreads documents for accuracy and compliance with applicable federal and state statutes and local rules.
- Provides detailed analysis of documents, facts, people, pleadings and written discovery.
- Completes investigative work using public resources.
- Drafts privilege logs, and drafts/assists with drafts of written discovery and fact sections of briefing.
- Assists with the preparation and filing of pleadings and exhibits.
- Prepares materials for depositions.
- Proofreads and cite checks evidentiary citations and support.
- Reviews documents for responsiveness, privilege and case issues.
- Handles incoming and outgoing document productions, including organization, review, tracking and service as appropriate.
- Possesses familiarity/relationships with vendors related to investigations, e-discovery, service of process, trial work, document productions, contract doc reviewers, court reporters, etc.
- Reviews vendor invoices for accuracy and follows-up regarding same.
- Autonomously works with multiple Taft departments, co-counsel, experts, consultants and clients.
- Supports attorneys for court hearings and trials, including setting up and running Trial Director.
- Properly handles concluded matters.
- Proactively monitors deadlines.
- Proactively manages and monitors cases, notifying attorney of actions needed.
- Clearly communicates in a concise, professional manner.
- Displays strong attention to detail as well as critical thinking.
- Proactively supports attorneys.
- Responds to requests with a sense of urgency and effectively prioritizes work.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understands some Rules of Civil Procedure (e.g., Rule 5, 34)
- Strong working knowledge in the application of Microsoft Office programs.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Sound judgment, including the ability to identify and escalate issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years’ related experience in a law firm or other legal setting.
- Paralegal training from an accredited college/ABA-approved program, or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
- Trial experience preferred.
- Proficiency working in electronic discovery software, preferably Relativity, is required.
- Knowledge of and experience with IP litigation strongly preferred.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Alycen Cummings, email@example.com.
Taft is a State of Minnesota and City of St. Paul Affirmative Action Employer as required in those jurisdictions. Taft is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing. Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP participates in E-VERIFY.