We are seeking a Litigation Paralegal to join our team in our Columbus, Ohio office.
We are seeking a Litigation Paralegal with 3+ years’ experience to support our Columbus office. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Displays strong attention to detail as well as critical thinking.
- Proactively supports attorneys.
- Responds to requests with a sense of urgency and effectively prioritizes work.
- Edits and proofreads documents for accuracy and compliance with applicable federal and state statutes and local rules.
- Demonstrates familiarity with litigation and labor/employment litigation processes.
- Proactively monitors deadlines.
- Proactively manages and monitors cases, notifying attorney of actions needed.
- Clearly communicates in a concise, professional manner.
- Files documents with the courts electronically.
- Drafts documents and filings.
- Assists in deposition, mediation, arbitration, and trial preparation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge in the application of Microsoft Office programs.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Sound judgment, including the ability to identify and escalate issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years’ Paralegal experience in a law firm or other legal setting.
- Formal paralegal training from an accredited college or ABA-approved program, preferably a four-year degree program, or equivalent experience.
- Trail experience is preferred.
- Proficiency working in electronic discovery software, preferably Relativity.
- Requires knowledge of and experience with general litigation and labor/employment court and administrative litigation.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Alycen Cummings, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taft is a State of Minnesota and City of St. Paul Affirmative Action Employer as required in those jurisdictions. Taft is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing. Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP participates in E-VERIFY.