We are looking for an energetic, customer-service focused paralegal with experience to join our litigation team in Taft’s Cleveland office.
We are seeking a Paralegal with 5+ years’ experience supporting our Litigation group in the Cleveland office who can immediately contribute in a fast-paced complex general litigation environment. Paralegals serve clients by providing support to attorneys. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
- Knowledge of the litigation process, including knowledge of motions, discovery, evidence, litigation documentation, court rules and procedures.
- Maintains records and manages multiple deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with and follow instructions from diverse individuals in person, on the phone, and in writing.
- Displays a strong attention to detail.
- Proactively supports attorneys.
- Responds to requests with a sense of urgency and effectively prioritizes work.
- Proactively monitors deadlines.
- Creates, maintains and retires files in accordance with Taft’s Information Governance Policy.
- Proficient in the use of Relativity, including searching and organizing documents, and other functions necessary to serve the needs of the case team.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple deadlines from competing interests in a fast-paced environment.
- 5+ years’ experience with litigation legal work.
- Proficient in the use of litigation software: Relativity, Trial Director/Sanction.
- A Paralegal Certificate from an ABA Approved Program is preferred.
- Proficient command of the English language and standard grammar rules.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
Any interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Alycen Cummings at email@example.com.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements, nor that are these the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee may be required to perform other duties as requested by his/her supervisor.
Taft is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not, and will not, unlawfully discriminate in hiring or in any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Taft’s EEO representative is Pamela Krivda, Partner and Chief Human Resources Officer, 65 E. State Street, Suite 1000, Columbus, Ohio 43215-4213. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org