Taft is seeking a paralegal to support the Finance practice group in our Minneapolis office.
We are seeking a paralegal with 3+ years of experience to support the Finance practice group in our Minneapolis office. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy — in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare first drafts of a variety of commercial finance loan documentation (including amendments to credit agreements, security agreements, amendments to note purchase agreements, subordination agreements, guarantees, intercreditor agreements, and other ancillary corporate documentation).
- Review due diligence, prepare public record search orders, review results and discuss issues with attorneys.
- Review organizational documents for corporations, LLC, and partnerships and prepare appropriate certificates and resolutions authorizing the applicable finance transactions.
- Raise relevant issues to attorneys.
- Prepare and maintain transaction checklists.
- Monitor deal progress and status of documentation.
- Create and update forms and template documents.
- Communicate with attorneys and staff on transaction status, documentation needs, etc.
- Respond effectively to questions and requests of clients and attorneys.
- Assist with legal due diligence, including reviewing and summarizing disclosures schedules and virtual data rooms and gathering publicly available information.
- Gather and organize client and borrower information.
- Coordinate closing logistics.
- Build relationships with clients, attorneys and staff based on trust.
- Assist with developing and executing strategies to resolve matters favorably, efficiently and cost-effectively for clients.
- Perform other duties to ensure that clients receive the best and most cost-effective legal solutions.
- Paralegal certificate/degree OR Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- 3+ years related experience strongly preferred
- Experience with and basic understanding of commercial finance transactions preferred
- Experience drafting complex documents preferred
- Excellent writing skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Sound judgment, including the ability to identify and escalate issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Alycen Cummings, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taft is a State of Minnesota and City of St. Paul Affirmative Action Employer as required in those jurisdictions. Taft is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing. Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP participates in E-VERIFY.