Taft is seeking a paralegal to support the Finance practice group in our Minneapolis office.
We are seeking a paralegal with 3+ years of experience to support our Finance practice group in our Minneapolis office. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy — in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing first drafts of a variety of commercial finance loan documentation (including amendments to credit agreements, security agreements, amendments to note purchase agreements, subordination agreements, guarantees, intercreditor agreements, and other ancillary corporate documentation).
- Reviewing due diligence, preparing public record search orders, reviewing the results and discussing issues with attorneys.
- Reviewing organizational documents for corporations, LLC, and partnerships and preparing appropriate certificates and resolutions authorizing the applicable finance transactions.
- Raising relevant issues to attorneys.
- Preparing and maintaining transaction checklists.
- Monitoring deal progress and status of documentation.
- Creating and updating forms and template documents.
- Communicating with attorneys and staff on transaction status, documentation needs, etc.
- Responding effectively to questions and requests of clients and attorneys.
- Assisting with legal due diligence, including reviewing and summarizing disclosures schedules and virtual data rooms and gathering publicly available information.
- Gathering and organizing client and borrower information.
- Coordinating closing logistics.
- Building relationships with clients, attorneys and staff based on trust.
- Assisting with developing and executing strategies to resolve matters favorably, efficiently and cost-effectively for clients.
- Performing other duties to ensure that clients receive the best and most cost-effective legal solutions.
- Paralegal certificate/degree OR Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years related experience preferred
- Experience with and basic understanding of commercial finance transactions preferred
- Experience drafting complex documents preferred
- Excellent writing skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Sound judgment, including the ability to identify and escalate issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Alycen Cummings, email@example.com.
Taft is a State of Minnesota and City of St. Paul Affirmative Action Employer as required in those jurisdictions. Taft is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing. Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP participates in E-VERIFY.