Paralegal - Business (Detroit)
At Taft, we work as one team, driven and committed to helping our clients succeed. A full-service law firm with more than 800 attorneys and 1,400 total on our team, we have the collaborative approach, advanced technological resources, and depth of services that make us a preeminent law firm in the Midwest.
Taft is seeking a paralegal to serve our Business team in Taft’s Southfield office.
We are seeking a Paralegal with 3+ years of corporate legal experience to support our Business team in the Southfield office. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with basic creation and organization of legal entities
- Maintains and updates company record books and stock records
- Completes various Secretary of State and IRS filings
- Prepares audit letters
- Facilitates electronic signature of documents via DocuSign
- Prioritizes work and monitors deadlines
- Enters, reviews and corrects time charges timely
- 3+ years’ legal experience required; corporate experience preferred
- Paralegal degree/certificate, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient command of the English language and standard grammar rules
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent communication, writing skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to workplace stressors and competing priorities
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail
Interested candidates should apply to Alycen Cummings, firstname.lastname@example.org.