We are looking for an energetic, customer-service focused paralegal to serve our Business & Finance and Private Client teams in Taft’s Columbus office.
We are seeking a Paralegal with 3+ years’ experience supporting our Columbus office as a Paralegal working with both the Business & Finance and Private client teams. Paralegals serve clients by providing administrative support to attorneys. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follows the ethical requirements set forth by the Rules of Professional Conduct of the applicable jurisdiction
- Clearly communicates in a concise, professional manner
- Proactively supports attorneys, performing assigned duties under attorneys’ general supervision
- Drafts routine legal documents and correspondence
- Conducts research using all available resources including print and electronic sources
- Corresponds with outside counsel, courts, filing agents and clients
- Organizes and maintains files for each matter
- Prioritizes work and monitors deadlines
- Maintains calendar and schedule for client and attorney meetings
- Enters, reviews and corrects time charges timely
- Uses computerized litigation support, case management software and/or specialty practice area software when applicable
- Arranges for procurement of outside services such as court reporters, expert witnesses and appraisers
- Processes invoices for client disbursements and firm expenses for payment
- 3+ years’ experience with Estate/Probate legal work.
- Paralegal Certification, or equivalent combination of experience.
- Proficient command of the English language and standard grammar rules.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to adapt to workplace stressors and competing priorities
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
Interested candidates should apply here.
Taft is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.