We are looking for an energetic, customer-service focused paralegal to serve our Business team in Taft’s Chicago office.
We are seeking a Paralegal with 2-5 years of corporate transactional experience to support our Business team in the Chicago office. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the creation and organization of legal entities.
- Drafting corporate resolutions.
- Maintaining and updating company record books and stock records.
- Ordering and summarizing UCC searches.
- Assisting with merger and acquisition transactions to include:
- Drafting ancillary documents.
- Organizing and compiling closing documents.
- Coordinating closing meetings.
- Prioritizes work and monitors deadlines.
- Enters, reviews, and corrects time charges timely.
- 2-5 years’ experience with corporate transaction work.
- Paralegal degree/certificate, or equivalent combination of experience.
- Proficient command of the English language and standard grammar rules.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to adapt to workplace stressors and competing priorities.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills.
Interested candidates should apply to Alycen Cummings, email@example.com.
Taft is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing