Taft is seeking a paralegal to serve our Business team in Taft’s Cincinnati office.
We are seeking a Paralegal with 3+ years of legal experience to support our Business team in the Cincinnati office, who would perform work of a substantial legal nature under the supervision of a lawyer. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow the ethical requirements set forth by the Rules of Professional Conduct of the applicable jurisdiction.
- Clearly communicate in a concise (oral and written), professional manner.
- Proactively provide support to attorneys as assigned.
- Draft routine legal documents and correspondence specific to the Business and Finance practice groups.
- Conduct factual legal research and analysis relevant to practice area using all available resources including print and electronic sources.
- At the direction of the assigning attorney, correspond with outside counsel, filing agents, and clients.
- Organize and maintain internal files and closing materials for assigned practice group.
- Prioritize work, monitor deadlines, and communicate the same to the assigned team.
- Timely enter, reviews, and correct time entries.
- Arrange for procurement of outside services such as statutory agent services, lien searches, state filings, securities filings, etc.
- Perform reviews of various legal documents.
- Assist with diligence matters for various deal work.
- Process invoices for client disbursements and firm expenses for payment.
- File various documents with appropriate governmental bodies, including states, FINRA, and the SEC.
- Act as liaison between attorneys and practice support teams.
- Manage DocuSign signature process and compile signature pages.
- Prepare closing binders/files for transactions.
- Assist in the formation of business entities, including corporations and limited liability companies.
- Draft and revise documents for filing with state and county offices.
- Draft and revise Articles of Incorporation/Formation.
- Prepare Simple Deeds and stock certificates.
- Draft loan and/or general transactional documents.
- Review Letters of Intent, contracts, Loan Commitments, and UCC’s.
- Familiarity with Secretary of State websites, particularly for the states of Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky.
- Prepare and maintain/update corporate minute books including ownership certificates and ledgers.
- Organize, participate, and assist in business transactions and prepare and update closing and other checklists.
- Update and maintain electronic data rooms.
- Run lien searches and litigation reports.
- 3+ years’ paralegal experience; corporate legal department paralegal experience preferred.
- ABA-approved paralegal degree/certificate, or equivalent combination of experience.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010 – Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Proficient in computerized legal research programs including WestLaw, Lexis/Nexis, PACER, and proficiency with electronic data rooms and secure file transfer systems and programs.
- Proficient in case management software and/or specialty practice area software where applicable.
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat and other PDF software such as Power PDF.
- Proficient in CARTA – ability to submit materials to CARTA, review CARTA files, and update capitalization tables.
- Adept at using DocuSign and creating multiple-choice forms.
- Proficient in iManage Desksite preferred. Must have experience in some large-scale document management system. Previous experience in performing searches and finding documents for references preferred.
- Notary Public preferred.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Alycen Cummings at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taft is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.