Taft is currently seeking a paralegal to serve our ANDA Litigation team in Taft’s Chicago office.
We are seeking a Paralegal with 8+ years of experience in both simple and complex patent litigation to support our ANDA Litigation team in the Chicago office. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Sample Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drafts common pleading and discovery templates.
- Drafts answers/counterclaims.
- Prepares requests for production, interrogatories, and subpoenas.
- Manages discovery document collection and production, interfacing among Firm discovery group, clients, and third-party vendors.
- Timely enters, reviews, and corrects time charges.
- At least 8 years’ experience with simple and complex patent litigation, including trial experience and case management, as well as experience with related Patent Office proceedings.
- Experience with Relativity software and patents is required; experience with Docket Navigator, ANDAs, Lexis, Lex Machina, paragraphfour.com, the Orange Book, and Drugs@FDA is preferred.
- Must have paralegal degree/certificate, or equivalent combination of experience.
- Position requires familiarity with the Hatch-Waxman paradigm for the approval of generic drugs in the United States.
- Must have proficient command of the English language and the application of standard grammar rules.
- Must demonstrate a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must continuously show an ability to adapt to workplace stressors and competing priorities.
- Must maintain client confidentiality.
- Must demonstrate thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Must exhibit collegial interpersonal skills.
Interested candidates should apply to Alycen Cummings, email@example.com.
Taft is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.