Taft is seeking an Office Services Assistant to join our Cleveland office.
- Travels to local courts and administrative agencies to handle in-person filing of documents with those entities; performs basic research at courts and administrative agencies to obtain required information. Travels to other locations to pick up and deliver documents and files. Ensures timely completion of these tasks.
- Copies and binds documents, case files or other materials as requested; delivers within stated deadline.
- Receives and processes incoming and outgoing mail through the U. S. Postal Service and interoffice mail. Handles incoming and outgoing package deliveries through various courier services. Ensures timely pick-up and delivery of mail federal express and courier packages.
- Stocks office and catering supplies; ensures adequate supplies are available at all required locations; performs routine housekeeping tasks to maintain neatness and cleanliness of stock areas, kitchens, coffee stations, photocopy rooms, printer stations and conference rooms.
- Sets up conference rooms for meetings; may arrange for catering services for meals during conferences.
- May perform general maintenance work such as relocation of office equipment, furniture and files and hanging pictures.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively in person, by phone and email, and to follow instructions from a diverse group of attorneys, staff and personnel at courts and administrative agencies.
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds and to retrieve and replace items from shelves up to 8 feet high.
- Ability to travel to local courts and administrative agencies in the downtown area.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Good judgment.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage stress.
- Personal effectiveness and credibility.
- Maintains confidences.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Collaboration and teamwork.
- Communication proficiency.
- Technical competency.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Alycen Cummings, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taft is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not, and will not, unlawfully discriminate in hiring or in any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Taft’s EEO representative is Pamela Krivda, Partner and Chief Human Resources Officer, 65 E. State Street, Suite 1000, Columbus, Ohio 43215-4213. Email address: email@example.com