We are looking for a Marketing Manager with professional services experience to join our team in Taft’s Dayton office.
We are seeking a Marketing Manager with 5-7 years’ experience in our Dayton office. This team member will collaborate with the Dayton Partner-in-Charge and local attorneys to develop and implement marketing and business development initiatives. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy. In all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Business Development/Office Duties
- Provide input and support to Dayton’s Partner-in-Charge.
- Recommend and implement activities and tactics to favorably position the Dayton office for growth and cross-selling opportunities.
- Connect attorneys with his/her practice group (PG) marketing liaison for assistance with more in-depth projects tied to a practice group need.
- Leverage the firm’s social media to cultivate relationships.
- Write all new Dayton-based attorney bios and staff bios for the website.
- Assist attorneys with developing impactful LinkedIn profiles.
- Draft content for the monthly marketing newsletter, the Taft website and other outlets.
- Work with firm’s CMO re firm-wide media relations. Write news releases and develop story plants for specific reporters.
- Serve as a back-up editor when needed.
- Co-lead Cision relationship and further leverage its functionality at the department and attorney levels.
- Manage firm-wide TightRope program.
- When determined by the firm’s CMO, assist with Columbus-based activities as needed.
- Identify and negotiate sponsorship agreements that favorably position the Dayton office and/or individual attorneys in the marketplace.
- Fulfill sponsorship benefits, working with other areas of the firm and individuals for maximum benefit.
- Ensure that all aspects of events reflect the Taft brand.
- Coordinate event logistics, including pre-event planning, on-site management, and post-event follow up.
- Offer creative approaches to gender advancement events and manage all fulfillment aspects.
- Develop and manage the Dayton marketing/business development budget.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-7+ years of experience in a marketing and/or business development role.
- Experience in the professional services area strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the Dayton market is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Well versed in Associated Press style.
- Strong experience in social media and other communication channels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Deadline-driven, detail-oriented, and demonstrates a high-level of client confidentiality.
- Superior planning, project management, and organizational skills.
Interested candidates should apply to Alycen Cummings, email@example.com.
Taft is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing