Taft is seeking a Manager of Business Intake and Conflicts to join our team in our Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, Indianapolis, or Minneapolis office.
We are seeking a Manager of Business Intake & Conflicts with 5+ years of conflicts experience in a mid to large-sized law firm. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy — in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day operations and supervise analysts in the firm’s conflicts department.
- Oversee the training and development of department employees.
- Coordinate with various firm departments and outside vendors to manage and support special projects within the department.
- Manage the ongoing review, reconciliation and clean-up of the firm’s existing client/matter information and conflicts database.
- Identify opportunities to create or streamline existing processes and procedures to reduce risk and increase efficiency.
- Review, analyze and articulate conflicts search results for new business and lateral hires. Identify potential conflict issues and determine appropriate steps for resolution.
- Work collaboratively with Conflicts Counsel, Conflicts Attorneys, General Counsel, firm attorneys and the conflicts team to effectively resolve conflict issues.
- Draft engagement letters, conflict waivers and ethical screen memoranda for review.
- Review and file outside counsel guidelines and engagement letters using firm software.
- Set up new ethical walls and manage existing walls using firm software.
- Provide excellent customer service to legal assistants and firm attorneys.
- Occasional travel within the U.S. to other offices as required.
- Must have ability and willingness to work remotely outside of normal business hours as needed.
- 5+ years of experience working in a law firm conflicts department that utilizes Intapp (strongly preferred) or equivalent conflicts software.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Juris doctor is a plus but not required.
- Knowledge and understanding of professional responsibility and legal ethics rules pertaining to conflicts.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks and projects while providing an accurate work product in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to think critically, independently, and decisively.
- Ability to take initiative to implement and adapt to changes in workflow, processes, and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively in a team atmosphere.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to scale communications to all levels within the firm and translate complex issues into simple concepts.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Alycen Cummings, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taft is a State of Minnesota and City of St. Paul Affirmative Action Employer as required in those jurisdictions. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.