We are looking for an energetic, customer-service focused Litigation Support Analyst with experience to join our team in any of Taft’s six offices.
We are seeking a Litigation Support Analyst with 3+ years’ experience supporting our Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton or Indianapolis office. Litigation Support Analyst serve clients by providing administrative support to attorneys. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
- Builds, maintains and supports electronic case databases using Relativity and Lexis Law PreDiscovery programs.
- Examines electronic data sets for content, organization and volume, and assists with the proper handling and storage of client data.
- Receives, processes and loads data using prescribed applications and procedures in accordance with case specific instructions communicated by members of the firm-wide Litigation Support Department, and others in the firm.
- Produces data in accordance with established workflows and best practices, following case specific instructions as communicated, and assists with the sharing of data with related and opposing parties as needed.
- Performs necessary and appropriate quality control and verification of all assigned tasks for accuracy and consistency.
- Maintains a record of actions, utilizing the Project Management Application, allowing for the identification and tracking of data during all phases of the data lifecycle, from receipt to archival, as applicable.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks as assigned, including but not limited to, data media duplication and auditing, imaging, spreadsheet manipulation, image and native file printing.
- Assists members of the firm with basic and advanced end-user functionality during all phases of the e-discovery process.
- Ensures security of all data by tracking the custody and control of data within the project management software, and storing data in accordance with firm department policies and procedures.
- Proficient in the use of Relativity, version 9.4 or above is required.
- Proficient in the use of Lexis LAW PreDiscovery is required.
- Proficient in standards of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM).
- Familiar with the principles of the Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists (ACEDS).
- Analytical thinking, judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment and work under a high level of mental effort and strain to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Willingness to work non-standard shifts, including mornings, evenings and weekends, in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work more than 40 hours per week, and maintain an irregular work schedule, is often required.
- Personal effectiveness & credibility, collaboration and teamwork is required.
- Thoroughness & attention to detail while working efficiently and effectively.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with attorneys, staff and others on the telephone, in person, and in writing.
Interested candidates should apply here.
Taft is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.