We are looking for an energetic, customer-service focused Litigation Support Analyst with experience to join our team in any of Taft’s six offices.
We are seeking a Litigation Support Analyst with 3+ years’ experience supporting our Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton or Indianapolis office. Litigation Support Analyst serve clients by providing administrative support to attorneys. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
- Builds, maintains and supports electronic case databases using Relativity and Lexis Law PreDiscovery programs.
- Examines electronic data sets for content, organization and volume, and assists with the proper handling and storage of client data.
- Receives, processes and loads data using prescribed applications and procedures in accordance with case specific instructions communicated by members of the firm-wide Litigation Support Department, and others in the firm.
- Produces data in accordance with established workflows and best practices, following case specific instructions as communicated, and assists with the sharing of data with related and opposing parties as needed.
- Performs necessary and appropriate quality control and verification of all assigned tasks for accuracy and consistency.
- Maintains a record of actions, utilizing the Project Management Application, allowing for the identification and tracking of data during all phases of the data lifecycle, from receipt to archival, as applicable.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks as assigned, including but not limited to, data media duplication and auditing, imaging, spreadsheet manipulation, image and native file printing.
- Assists members of the firm with basic and advanced end-user functionality during all phases of the e-discovery process.
- Ensures security of all data by tracking the custody and control of data within the project management software, and storing data in accordance with firm department policies and procedures.
- Proficient in the use of Relativity, version 9.4 or above is required.
- Proficient in the use of Lexis LAW PreDiscovery is required.
- Proficient in standards of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM).
- Familiar with the principles of the Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists (ACEDS).
- Analytical thinking, judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment and work under a high level of mental effort and strain to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Willingness to work non-standard shifts, including mornings, evenings and weekends, in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work more than 40 hours per week, and maintain an irregular work schedule, is often required.
- Personal effectiveness & credibility, collaboration and teamwork is required.
- Thoroughness & attention to detail while working efficiently and effectively.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with attorneys, staff and others on the telephone, in person, and in writing.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Alycen Cummings, email@example.com.
Taft is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.