Taft is seeking a Legal Assistant to serve our Real Estate team in Taft's Chicago and Cleveland offices.
We are seeking a legal assistant with 2+ years of legal and/or office experience to provide administrative support to our team in the Chicago and Cleveland offices. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibits outstanding client service in greeting guests, scheduling meetings, and conducting telephone conferences.
- Provides skilled, proactive administrative support to attorneys and others, on occasion as needed.
- Displays strong attention to detail.
- Responds to requests with a sense of urgency and effectively prioritizes work.
- Prepares and reviews letters and memoranda according to Firm standards using word processing and document management systems.
- Proactively monitors deadlines.
- Processes requests for payment and reimbursements.
- Creates, maintains and retires files in accordance with Taft’s Information Governance Policy.
- Assists in managing client contacts, emails, and print documents as well as processing mail.
- Clearly communicates in a concise, professional manner.
- Transcribes dictation.
- Files documents with the courts electronically.
- 2+ years’ experience with legal or office administrative work.
- Some education beyond high school or other coursework related to the legal industry preferred.
- Proficient command of the English language and standard grammar rules.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Alycen Cummings, email@example.com.
Taft is a State of Minnesota and City of St. Paul Affirmative Action Employer as required in those jurisdictions. Taft is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing. Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP participates in E-VERIFY.