Taft is seeking a Legal Assistant to serve our Real Estate/Business team in Taft's Minneapolis office.
We are seeking a legal assistant with 2+ years of legal and/or office experience to provide administrative support to our team in the Minneapolis office. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibits outstanding professional service to assignments, clients, visitors and colleagues.
- Provides skilled, proactive administrative support to assignments and others when needed.
- Displays strong attention to detail.
- Responds to requests with a sense of urgency, effectively prioritizes work, and monitors/meets deadlines.
- Prepares and reviews memos, letters and documents according to Firm standards.
- Processes requests for payment and/or reimbursement.
- Opens, maintains and retires files in accordance with Taft’s Information Governance Policy.
- Assists in managing client contacts, emails, and documents as well as processing mail.
- Clearly communicates in a concise, professional manner.
- May occasionally conduct basic public record searches and/or prepare and electronically file basic organizational and/or dissolution documents and forms.
- Prepares closing books for distribution to clients.
- 2+ years related experience preferred.
- Some post high school education and/or other coursework related to the legal industry preferred.
- Proficient command of the English language and standard grammar rules.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office programs preferred.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Alycen Cummings, email@example.com.
Taft is a State of Minnesota and City of St. Paul Affirmative Action Employer as required in those jurisdictions. Taft is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing. Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP participates in E-VERIFY.