Taft is seeking a Legal Assistant to support lawyers on our Private Client team in Taft’s Dayton office.
We are seeking a Legal Assistant with 2+ years trusts and estates experience to support our Private Client team in the Dayton office. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively supports attorneys and paralegals in trusts and estates legal work by preparing and revising documents; preparing pleadings; utilizing software specific to this legal practice and to the needs and practice of Private Client s attorneys; monitoring deadlines and calendars; calendaring due dates and appointments; scheduling and conducting telephone conferences; contacting clients as directed for information; filing and electronic-filing documents with courts; assisting assigned attorneys and paralegals with internal processes and procedures; and generally administratively facilitating the practice of law.
- Communicates professionally and kindly with clients via phone and attends client meetings
- Schedules and/or calendars multiple meetings, deadlines, etc.
- Manages incoming mail to include sorting, circulating, drafting responses, and saving as appropriate
- Assembles, mails, and saves estate-planning documents, including wills, powers of attorney, health care directives, and various types of trusts
- Opens and closes files, assists with billing process, etc.
- Prioritizes work and monitors deadlines
- Enters, reviews and corrects time charges timely
- Use Comparite and track changes
- 2+ years’ experience with related legal work
- Demonstrates a proficient command of the English language and of standard grammar rules
- Shows strong working knowledge of, and facility with, Microsoft Office programs.
- Produces excellent written communications with correct structure and grammar
- Shows ability to adapt quickly to workplace stressors and to manage competing priorities
- Maintains client confidentiality
- Demonstrates sharp, continual attention to detail
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, professionalism and responsiveness to both clients and co-workers
Interested candidates should apply to Alycen Cummings, email@example.com.
Taft is a State of Minnesota and City of St. Paul Affirmative Action Employer as required in those jurisdictions. Taft is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing. Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP participates in E-VERIFY.