Taft is seeking a Legal Assistant to support lawyers on our Private Client team in Taft’s Minneapolis office.
We are seeking a Legal Assistant with 2+ years trusts and estates experience to support our Private Client team in the Minneapolis office. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proactively supports attorneys and paralegals in trusts and estates legal work by preparing and revising documents; preparing pleadings; utilizing software specific to this legal practice and to the needs and practice of private client attorneys; monitoring deadlines and calendars; calendaring due dates and appointments; scheduling and conducting telephone conferences; contacting clients as directed for information; filing and electronic-filing documents with courts; assisting assigned attorneys and paralegals with internal processes and procedures; and generally administratively facilitating the practice of law.
- Communicates professionally and kindly with clients via phone and attends client meetings.
- Drafts and e-files various court pleadings and filings.
- Schedules and/or calendars multiple meetings, deadlines, etc.
- Manages incoming mail to include sorting, circulating, drafting responses, and saving as appropriate.
- Assembles, mails, and saves estate-planning documents, including wills, powers of attorney, health care directives, and various types of trusts.
- Opens and closes files, assists with billing process, etc.
- Prioritizes work and monitors deadlines.
- Enters, reviews, and corrects time charges timely.
- 2+ years’ experience with related legal work.
- Demonstrates a proficient command of the English language and of standard grammar rules.
- Shows strong working knowledge of, and facility with, Microsoft Office programs.
- Produces excellent written communications with correct structure and grammar.
- Shows the ability to adapt quickly to workplace stressors and to manage competing priorities.
- Maintains client confidentiality.
- Demonstrates sharp, continual attention to detail.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, professionalism, and responsiveness to both clients and co-workers.
Interested candidates should apply to Alycen Cummings, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.