Taft is seeking a Legal Assistant to serve our Government Contracting team in Taft’s Chicago office.
We are seeking an experienced Legal Assistant to join our Government Contracting team in the Chicago office. The successful candidate will be able to provide assistance during all phases of the government contracting process including calendaring deadlines, application preparation, gathering relevant information from a variety of sources, and managing logistics and ongoing maintenance of client applications. This position requires a professional, highly motivated, organized self-starter capable of functioning in a fast-paced, legal environment. The ideal candidate is a quick learner and will have the opportunity to develop a robust sense of government compliance concepts in a growing practice group. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively maintains the group calendar and keeps the team informed and prepared for approaching client deadlines
- Edits and proofreads documents while developing an awareness of applicable government regulations.
- Files documents with government agencies electronically.
- Assists in preparing government applications and bid documents.
- Helps facilitate client billings and firm reimbursements.
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years of administrative experience, preferably
- Some education beyond high school or other coursework related to the legal industry preferred
- Proficient command of the English language and standard grammar rules
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and familiar with collaborative team software
- Able to communicate confidently in a concise, professional manner
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong analytical, organizational and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and anticipate and identify clients’/colleagues’ current and future needs
- Ability to respond to team and client needs with appropriate urgency
- Sound judgment, including the ability to identify and escalate issues and share information and offers ideas and solutions in a team environment
Interested candidates should apply to Alycen Cummings, email@example.com.
Taft is a State of Minnesota and City of St. Paul Affirmative Action Employer as required in those jurisdictions. Taft is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks, and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing. Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP participates in E-VERIFY.