We are looking for an energetic, customer-service focused legal assistant with experience to join our team in Taft’s Minneapolis office.
We are seeking a Legal Assistant with 5+ years’ experience to support our Commercial/Business group in the Minneapolis office. Legal Assistants serve clients by providing administrative support to attorneys. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy — in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
- Edits and proofreads complex documents, including proactive review for, and ability to relay, relevant discrepancies/inconsistencies.
- Actively supports the billing process, including initial review and comment on BIMs, editing BIMs, obtaining, preparing and/or updating reports, preparing cover letters and/or emails, follow-up on client and attorney inquiries.
- Independently performs administrative duties such as proofing, editing and releasing attorney time entries; registering, calendaring and reporting CLEs; requesting and following up on reimbursements and other related tasks.
- Prepares and reviews letters and memoranda according to Firm standards using word processing and document management systems.
- Exhibits outstanding client service orientation in greeting guests, scheduling meetings, and conducting telephone conferences.
- Displays a strong attention to detail and numeric aptitude.
- Proactively supports attorneys.
- Responds to requests with a sense of urgency and effectively prioritizes work.
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proactively monitors deadlines.
- Creates, maintains, and retires files in accordance with Taft’s Information Governance Policy.
- Assists in managing client contacts, emails, and print documents as well as processing mail.
- Clearly communicates in a concise, professional manner.
- 5+ years related experience.
- Proficient command of the English language and standard grammar rules.
- Strong working knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Office programs; desire to maintain excellent technical skills and learn new software.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested candidates should apply here.
Taft is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.