Taft is currently seeking an Intellectual Property Law Clerk to join Taft. This position will be based in Taft's Minneapolis Office working with the Intellectual Property Group. This is an entry level position.
Summary: Taft is seeking a first or second year student with a technical or engineering degree to work a flexible schedule of 20-30 hours per week. The law clerk will work in our intellectual property group, specifically in the patent prosecution practice. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
- Address aspects of patent prosecution docs with Taft patent prosecutors.
- Conduct legal research and draft memos and/or sections of briefs on substantive IP and related procedural issues as needed with Taft IP litigators.
- Draft pleadings and discovery.
- Provide litigation support as needed.
- Clearly communicate in a concise, professional manner.
- Respond to attorney requests with a sense of urgency and effectively prioritizes work.
- Monitor deadlines.
Proficiency in the following:
- Microsoft Office.
- Microsoft Outlook.
- Personal Effectiveness & Credibility.
- Ability to Adapt.
- Maintains Client Confidences.
- Thoroughness & Attention to Detail.
- Collaboration & Teamwork.
- Communication Proficiency.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Angie Roell at email@example.com
Taft is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The information in this posting presents general duties, tasks and responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive listing.