We are looking for an energetic, customer-service focused Knowledge & Research Analyst with experience to join our team in Taft's Cincinnati office.
We are seeking a Knowledge & Research Analyst who will help provide high-quality legal and competitive business information to clients as well as provide advice and assistance in developing and maintaining the Knowledge & Research Services department’s technology applications, print and online resource collections. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
- Responsible for performing legal, corporate and competitive intelligence research and providing information, analysis and expertise to attorneys, marketing and staff in all practice areas firm-wide via a team approach.
- Uses question and answer skills to conduct effective research/reference interviews.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize legal, corporate and general information and communicate research findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Help plan and implement KaRS department outreach, training and orientation programs.
- Assist with the evaluation and recommendation of new information resources.
- Supports research and Knowledge Management initiatives for firm attorneys and staff and assist with rolling out new technology.
- Creates and maintains new business alert services that identify matters of interest to existing and potential clients.
- Works independently and with the KaRS team and selected practice areas to choose, collect, organize, maintain, and update content for print collections, websites and online subscription databases.
- Provides attorneys with access to and encourages the effective use of internal and external knowledge resources.
- Disseminates knowledge resources via firm-wide intranet and databases to attorneys.
- Establishes relationships with attorneys to promote awareness of KaRS initiatives and to solicit their participation.
- Uses workflow software for the distribution and recording of research requests.
- Continues professional development through various firm and association sponsored activities.
- Master’s degree in Library & Information Science from an accredited graduate program.
- 2-3 years of experience working in a law library or corporate library setting is preferred.
- Proficient command of the English language and standard grammar rules.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Alycen Cummings, email@example.com.
Taft is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description does not cover or contain a comprehensive or exhaustive listing of work activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
Taft is an at-will employer. Either Taft or an employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, or without reason.